Saturday 4 October 2008

The Show







Sorry for the no post y'day, but we all got a little besmirtched on the Dos Equis & Tequila. 

The show was awesome. A lot of transactions were going on in the parking lot and many scuffles for rarers were happening. 

We got in, set up the table and did some laps of the huge room. I saw many faces from the past and some from my last Austin trip. Mark Lamar was in the house  scoring Rockabilly 45s and DJ Shadow was buying up some interesting pieces. 

Dave from the Friends of Sound store here in Austin gave me a warm welcome and helps me score some great finds. There are so many records here that I have never seen before... But heard about... at a price! I picked up some bargains early on, tailgating Dirty Harri as he seems to have the most luck, and he lets me have his rejects. We moved fast while commander Bright held the fort on the stall.

After about 50 laps of the room we called it a day and headed downtown to meet up with the mighty Dirk Diggla who Hari took an immediate shine to! A rake of beers later and some wobbling we didn't wake up untill 11am and got to the show at 12.30 missing out on a mornings trade. Harri said it was pretty quite and making $'s was a struggle.

I'm off to Friends of Sound tonight for an instore party with Gavin who used to work at Mr Bongo, no doubt more wax will be obtained.


1 comment:

Johnnyroast said...

Waf. Sounds like I made more $$$$ in Village Vinyl, it was a bumper day!